What countries and regions would you chose to migrate to (destination) and why (criteria) if we face an average planetary heating of 4 degrees Celsius by the end of this century? On this page we will add criteria and countries.Criteria that will play a role in choosing a destination:
- Moderate climate (fertile soil, agricultural production, et cetera)
- (Geo)politically safe and stable
- Fairly prosperous and economically diversified
- Comparable culture (totally different culture is hard to adapt to)
- Defensible to climate change impact
- Responsive institutions
- Higher than sea-level altitude
- Fresh water supplies but no flooding
- Managable amounts of climate refugees
- Open to your migration
- [to be completed]
What countries would be likely to score high for Westerners?
- Scandinavian countries
- US above 42nd (Michigan, Minnesota, Alaska, et cetera)
- United Kingdom / Ireland
- Baltic states
- New Zealand
- Southern Argentina
If the world warms more than 4°C by the 2070? Heaven help us.
If you don’t agree, please join the discussion below.